Wednesday, November 17, 2004

HOCKEY RULES (cheap Xboxing again)

As there is no hockey this year, I have to find alternate hockey entertainment.

First off, there IS minor league hockey in Atlanta. Its a schlep for where I am, but its hockey and the team is quite good. We went on Halloween.. they even broke the glass for us. :)

More importantly and just as fun, is hockey on the Xbox. I have EA 2003 and it gets old pretty fast.

A few months ago, Coke ran a promo for ESPN's whatever anniversary, drink 10 cokes, svae up some bottlecap codes and get $10 off a ESPN branded game. Good deal as the games are $20 to begin with.

That, plus reviews are pointing out that ESPN games are comparable (and in our case, ESPN Hockey got a better review) to the EA line made this purchase a no-brainer. Next year, there wil be some serious EA/ESPN battles.. MADDEN watch out!

So a few cokes, some code entering on the PC and some mail waiting time later, I get my coupon. The coupon has activation dates for each game so as to make a buffer between the releases. Kind makes sense. You dont what the whole world coming in to use they're coupons when NFL comes out.

So yesterday , the coupon was good for, you guessed it, ESPN hockey 2005. Heres the best part: I brought in 3 anime DVDs with me to trade in as well. Total cost: $0

GO ME! Let my Hockey fix begin!




No comments: