Thursday, January 20, 2005

Cheap PC BUILDING, Part 5

I hope everyone is enjoying DOOM IN A WEEK. It's been loads of fun for me. They might even be all done if I didnt stop to take pictures all the time and post notes about it.. :P

I did a quick check on the status of my online parts.. they should start coming in today. Happy as a pig in swill I is!

The power supply showed up today and the IDE card should be here shortly behind (ordered the same day, so one would think so). So acortech.com is getting bonus points for speed, but none for not telling me via email about them being shipped. They do have order status on their website, which links directly to USPS/ UPS pages. the problem is that my 2nd package isnt showing up properly.

pcontime.com is getting another look. They called me to ask if I wanted a retail boxed Video card for $5 more. The plain one didnt have a box. It came in a bag with no drivers, support or warranty. It sure sounded like they throw the card in a priority box and ship it off. This makes me rather suspiscious. Advertise one thing, upsell to something else. For $5 I didnt really think about it. In hindsight, I might have put the order on hold while I checked out more options. The card should be here Monday when I will finish assmbly and load that sucker up. :)

Anyway... I threw the PS in. Which required me to take out the CD drives and the CPU fan. Not a big task and not worth wasting bandwidth posting pics about it. :P

Back to painting minis..


No comments: