Friday, January 21, 2005

DOOM in a WEEK parts 4 & 5

Note that part 4 didnt happen yesterday. Not that I didnt get any work done, I just didnt type or post pics. Luckily I have pics so I can recreate my steps here.

Here we go:
THURSDAY
My Cyberdemons needed some work. I quickly drybrushed some extra fleshtones in the bald spots. I then dropped some pink/purple spots on the arms, red for the eyes, some extra gunmetal on the chestparts, and an extra drybrush of alumimum on the back bits. then decided to give them a burnt umber(ish) wash to pop out the teeth and some of the muscles. Why do a wash when Im going to dip? I dunno.. It seemed like the thing to do at the time.





I started to draw my attention to the marines. I painted the bases the appropriate 3 colors, three fleshtones, metal armor, then a thin layer of paint over the armor again, to match the base color. Note how some of the metallic color shines through, especially on the Blue marine.



FRIDAY
Last but not least, the Mancubii.. And Look! Boomhowler and his buds are coming to help me!


First, a quick dab of red for the eyes.


Looking up my reference material HERE, I decided that there should be a better way to approach the manc. After some consideration, I decided to give 'em some pink and berry-colored spots.. why? I dunno. These were the last of the batch and I figure I get a bit more creative... so this is getting closer to how I normally paint..

First I gave a liberal coating of a pink/purple skin in the darker areas of the figure, and most of the upper torso. Then a dark berry wash.

While the wash was still wet, I quickly did the following:
Dabbed little dots of the same berry color around the shoulders and some on the belly. The damp surface causes them to 'bleed' a bit.
Go back to my base pink/purple skintone and do some blending swipes on the nose bits and on top of the heads.
Still with my base pink/purple skintone, I added some extra dots on the shoulders over the berry dots... the end results are here:




A quick swipe of brown for the toes and off the to dip they go!

Next:
The Cygnar Attack!




Whoops! That's Bunny's Cygnar figs in progress. Not bad for a girls' first time, eh?

Tomorrow will actually be the final touch ups and another visit to the STUMP!

No comments: