Tuesday, January 18, 2005

DOOM the Boardgame MINI PAINTING

Soon to be retitled DOOM IN A WEEK. Look for future postings under that title.

The goal: to have all my DOOM boardgame minis ready for Sunday, which was our next campaign attempt. Quick painting and dipping are the key here..

Day 1 was Monday, actually.
10:00
I grabbed all the minis, dumped them in a plastic bin, and gave them a quick rinse in some soap and water. To save time I actually did this in the shower.

I then laid them outside on the stump to dry (it wasnt cold yet.. a mere 50ยบ).. off I go to run some errands.

Heres a pic right before I left:


I also had to glue the 3 Cyberdemons together. For size comparison, here is a pic next to a Warjack..



Coming home, I gave them a quick coat of Primer. For some reason, the primer ACTED AS A WASH. I thought it was a fairly older can, so I grabbed a new can (bought during my errands) and had the same results.. I think its due to the dropping temperature.. the can says use between 50-80 degrees.. after 3 attempts, I get enough primer on the figs to satisfy me.

As a side note, I used the primer INSIDE in my storage/laundry room on some warmachine figs, and got the same result).. WTF???

I let the figs sit overnight in the bin to ensure all the primer dries properly.



NEXT: Line 'em up & Knock 'em down!

6 comments:

Brian said...

Did you boil them in water to de-warp the bases? Or do you plan on painting them simply as they come?

ZomBear said...

No boiling / hot water. Straight out of the box.

Had I really been anal, I would have clipped the off the bases and pinned them to standard plastic ones (nice round Warmachine type, not GW slot).

Anonymous said...

great information. Check out this blog at artist painting.
It also has lots of information.

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Anonymous said...

toranto car texas department of insurance auto 1996 mitsubishi eclipse gst 1971 442 oldsmobile w30 rebbeca smart

Anonymous said...

56263.....19717